Happy New Year and here’s to 2017!
As a committee, we are extremely proud of everything we achieved in 2016. Fab Nobs as a company has taken so many steps over the past twelve months, and we can’t wait to see what 2017 brings us as well.
Some of many of our proudest achievements as a company for 2016:
• Produced four sensational productions with many sell-out nights (thank you to our over 3000 audience members throughout the year!)
• Re-built our eight plus year old stage (goodbye creak).
• Added new food and drinks to our bar menu (audiences love our popcorn machine and our hot chocolate!)
• New credit card facilities at box office and bar (long overdue).
• Had a grand total of 41 cast members, 24 production team members, and 17 musicians work their magic for our productions.
• Started many new continuing initiatives including Youth Musical Theatre Workshops, Open Mic Nights, and performances at Stringybark Festival and Knox City.
• Received many donations of equipment being put to use (thank you Peter Philp!)
• Our committee received training sessions from arts marketing specialist John Paul Fischbach through a grant from Knox Council, helping us find ways to run a more productive and happy company.
• New contacts and friends of Fab Nobs including Brougham Press and Stockdale & Leggo.
• Had our very first Youth production with a tremendous response from parents and families in the Eastern Suburbs, an important initiative we are very proud to continue in the new year.
• Bought enough sauce to sink a ship.
• Many venue updates including new bathroom flooring, a new kitchen tap, interior and exterior lighting, security updates, and begun important plans for upcoming developments including the installation of ceiling fans, expanding available storage space, and much-needed electrical works.
• A seemingly endless number of budding volunteers, and professionals donating their time and skills for us.
Thank you to everyone who has been a part of our company this year, whether onstage or behind the scenes. Your input is so valued and we couldn’t do what we do without you.
We are so proud of our little company and what we achieve. Thank you again to every one of our supporters for 2016, and we cannot wait for our huge five-production year in 2017 – also our fifteenth anniversary!
Happy New Year with love from the Fab Nobs Committee,
Elizabeth, Colin, Owen, Lindsay, Sally, Steven, Graham, Jen, Caroline and Maeghan.